Copyright Dispute Policy
Last updated: August 8, 2017
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we’ve adopted the following copyright dispute policy (“Copyright Policy”) below toward copyright infringement. We reserve the right to (1) block access to or remove material that we believe in good faith to be copyrighted material that has been illegally copied and distributed by any of our advertisers, affiliates, content providers, members or users and (2) remove and discontinue service to repeat infringers and offenders.
- Procedure for Reporting Copyright InfringementsIf you believe that material or content residing on or accessible through the Services infringes your copyright (or the copyright of someone whom you are authorized to act on behalf of), please send a notice of copyright infringement containing the following information to the Honey’s Designated Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement (our “Designated Agent,” whose contact details are listed below):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright that has been allegedly infringed;
- Identification of works or materials that is claimed to be infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Service are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material on the Service that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Honey to locate the material on the Service;
- Information for Honey to contact you, including address, telephone number and, if available, email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the material identified in (1)(c) is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information above is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or the authorized person to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Once Proper Bona Fide Infringement Notification is Received by the Designated Agent.Upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement, we will respond expeditiously to remove or disable access to the infringing material. We reserve the right to also:
- notify the content provider who is accused of infringement that we have removed or disabled access to the applicable material; and
- terminate such content provider’s access to the Services if he or she is a repeat offender.
- Procedure to Supply a Counter-Notice to the Designated Agent.If the content provider believes that the material that was removed (or to which access was disabled), and you believe such content is not infringing or you have the right to post and use such material from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or, pursuant to the law, you may send us a counter-notice containing the following information to the Designated Agent:
- A physical or electronic signature of the content provider;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the content provider has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material; and
- Content provider’s name, address, telephone number, and, if available, email address, and a statement that such person or entity consents to the jurisdiction of the Federal Court for the judicial district in which the content provider’s address is located, or, if the content provider’s address is located outside the United States, for any judicial district in which Honey is located, and that such person or entity will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.